Sunday, 19 June 2011

My 365 Project ♥ 13th - 19th June ( & more shrinkles)

I can't say I made the hugest effort with my 365 this week. I've not been feeling 100% and wanted to avoid the camera, hence all the photos of my hands (hehe). Some days I wonder if I'm cut out for the self-portrait 365 - it's tough! But, I figure if I can get at least one photo a week I'm satisfied with, and if I feel it's helping me learn about photography, and to be a more creative person generally, then it's worth doing. 

Anyway, here are my favourite two of the week.

I took this one for the Item Collaboration group. There had to be an inspiring quote written on something in the picture, so I thought it was a great opportunity to use the felt letters I bought in The Works recently. The quote is from one of my favourite songs "There Is A Light" by The Smiths. It's a really beautiful song with bittersweet lyrics, but this particular lyric makes me feel hopeful, and I tried to express that in the photo with the use of the colours and the candle.



I also took this photo for the MCP Project 52 this week on the theme of "make it tasty". I got this chocolate Mr Potato Head free at Easter and I'd been saving it until I really needed it! It was a bit messy, but fun. :) 


That's all for my 365s for now. I am hoping that next week will be a bit easier than last week. One thing that should help me is I'm finally getting a remote control for my camera - yay! My Nikon cashback card arrived in the post the other day (there was a special offer on my DSLR when I bought it) so I spent most of the £ on a remote. :D (as well as a copy of the latest Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook - yay!)


On to my other current favourite creative hobby - I've been playing with shrink plastic again. :D These two I think could make nice necklaces.

I think I will try to improve these designs - you can't tell in the photos but they came out *really* tiny, I might try out some more shapes with the same flowery pattern too. :)

I'll leave it there for now. I have lots of things to get on with this week so I'm going to relax for the rest of the day. Have a great week, all! xxx

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better my dear. The photos are wonderful! You can do this 365 days project! Just keep saying that to yourself...keep going! I am so in love with the shrink plastic pieces you made. They are so unique. Enjoy the rest of your week! Cheers! Now I'm off to take a pic of Blue.

    P.S. Please give Nevil a hug for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much, Roxanne, I need the encouragement sometimes :) And I'm glad you like the shrinkles too :D
    Nevil appreciated his hug ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥