Sunday, 17 July 2011

My 365 Project ♥ 11th-17th July

Well, I think that the only photo from this week worth sharing is this one I took for the Bench Monday group:

 
It has been an unpleasant week, but I'm trying to focus on happier things. Next week I am hoping to go on a little daytrip with my boyfriend. Hopefully, we'll be going to Liverpool for a day to see the Magritte exhibition at the Tate - exciting! I think I need to plan some gigs to go to as well - it's always good to have live music to look forward to.

I'm generally not feeling motivated to do the 365 project at the moment, but that is probably due to my mood so I'm going to try to keep it going with easy pictures until I feel better. I really would prefer to do the project with someone else modelling for me though - if only I had a sister! I have plenty of ideas, and I love editing photos. I could edit photos all day! But posing for them, especially in a public place, is the biggest challenge.


Since posting about that animation course I did the other day, I've been thinking a lot more about various creative courses I want to do. I really would love to do a photography course. This diploma sounds amazing. I know it would be very hard to get a place on a course like that in London (and eek, the fee!), but I want to aim to do something like that eventually. In ten years time, if it takes that long. In the meantime, I definitely want to find some shorter photography courses to do sooner. If anyone has done any that they can recommend, please let me know! There seem to be lots of City and Guilds ones available so I might start with one of them and try to build up a portfolio. It would be great to do one that does a nice mixture of digital and film, although more digital than film would be ideal. I'm really keen to meet other people that share the photography interest as well. Ultimately, I would love to have a job that involves something to do with photography, or something creative in some way.


Oh yeah, I made whoopie pies this week for my 100 Hummingbird Recipe challenge. They were fun to make, but they don't taste that great. They're too stodgy and dry. Not my cup of tea at all. Thankfully, my brother likes them and is eating most of them.



Before I go, I noticed this week that one of my photos is being used on this charity website. It has got me thinking a bit more about the different photo licensing options. For now I want to keep all my recent photos taken with my DSLR as All Rights Reserved. I would love to sell some one day or get some licensed if I can, but I'm perfectly happy for people to use my older photos, taken with my old compact camera. I doubt that I could sell my older photos because of the image quality anyway. So yeah, it's nice to see that photo is useful for something. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that course looks brilliant. I would love to do a photography course and then have a creative career too - if only I had the money. Shorter courses are definitely an option. Found a few one day courses, and other proper Uni courses but no in between ones yet. I'll let you know if I do.

    If only we lived closer - photography-based day trips and photo shoots would be great. I wish I had someone to pose for me too - if I could just clone myself for my 365 project I'd have 1 of me to pose just how I want and the other to take the photo just how I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it looks amazing. I just know I'm going to want to do another degree someday, I've never felt I chose the right one for me, but yeah, in the meantime shorter courses will be the way to go! & thanks, I'll let you know too if I find anything interesting (or I'll write about it here I'm sure)

    It is a shame :( I'm fed up of having nobody near to me that is interested in it. My mum is very arty and I'm trying to get her into it but it's not really working! Hehe, a clone would be ideal - if only!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥