Thursday, 7 July 2011

My 365 Project ♥ 27th June-3rd July & a new baking project

This is my favourite photo from last week's 365. I've been playing on Picnik quite a bit lately. It's handy for a few effects that I'm not sure how to do on Photoshop, such as this "cinemascope" effect.


I also did a clone picture for the first time in a while. This was taken on the day when I cleaned my parent's house from top to bottom before they got back from holiday (they paid me to do it - times are hard!)


Last week I also learned how to enhance eyes (and teeth) on Photoshop. I don't like the photo I tested it on very much so I won't bother posting it here, but it's a technique I'll definitely use again.

***********

I've taken a couple of lens flare pictures lately - I really want to take more photos in "the golden hour" but our garden doesn't get much evening sunlight. I would really like to go to the park one evening when there's a nice sunset, but I never seem to get around to it.





Actually, these two may not have been taken in the exact "golden hour", but near enough. ;)

Finally, here's a picture of my new bird print dress from Forever 21 (my current favourite store for patterned skirts & dresses). I love the Peter Pan collar on this and the print is so sweet. You can't see it very well here but there's a picture on the website.



**********
Recently, I started writing a list for the big personal project known as Project 101 which is about achieving 101 goals in 1001 days. So far I've only thought of about 50 or so I want to do, but the end date is in March 2014, so I have a while to think about it. I won't share most of my goals here because they're quite personal, but of course, I will share some of the sillier things. For example, I decided I wanted to do a new baking challenge because I absolutely love baking and my current cupcake challenge is too easy. So, I'm aiming to have baked 100 different Hummingbird Bakery Recipes. This doesn't sound like very many, but I worked it out as being at least 2 recipes a month and then extra ones at holidays like Christmas. So it's quite a lot of cake! I'll be sharing the things I make here. I hope by the end of it I'll be able to make the cupcakes as perfectly as they look in the books.

xxxXxxx

2 comments:

  1. I did pay for the upgrade on Picnik, but soon after getting Photoshop cancelled it. Now I'm thinking about getting it again because somethings are just easier to do in Picnik. Got lots to learn in Photoshop! Good luck with your Project 101, sounds interesting. Love all the pics. Chow. :)

    P.S. I'm already drooling just thinking about the pics you will show of what you bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it's good to have both. I learned how to cross-process pictures on Photoshop, but it is so much easier to do on Picnik - one click and it's done! I feel like I'm cheating a little bit, but never mind. ;) Photoshop is very complicated, and I don't always feel like spending ages on it.

    Thanks! I'm sure it'll be fun. :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥