Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!



I hope you all have a great new year & good luck with your resolutions, if you're making them!


I've compiled a stupidly long list of resolutions for 2012. My main ones are to get another job, because my temporary one has now ended, and to take a photo every day. I don't want to commit to a 365 as such, (actually, I'm not sure exactly what photo project I want to do yet!) but I want to try to take as many photos as possible so that I keep learning and improving. There are some more specific photography-related things I want to do too...


*take more portraits and self-portraits. I really want to be better at photographing people. I think my new lens will help with this a lot.

*experiment more with Photoshop

*do some "photo walks" around Birmingham, to take random photos without planning what I might photograph, particularly using my lomo cameras.

*learn about the basics of studio lighting

*join some kind of photography club or do an evening college course

*join in with Flickr groups like The Teleidoscope, Item Collaboration and maybe others!


I used Analog for Mac to edit the top photo. I bought it the other day to replace Picnik, as I can't get Picnik to stop crashing on my Mac. From now on I'm going to use a mixture of Photoshop and Analog to edit my images. The bottom photo, however, is straight out of the camera.

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing you mention, Birmingham. Are you in Alabama?! IF so, I am down in Mobile!! Happy New Year girl! Hey remember, you have a mac, use Photoshop! It's awesome! I also use lightroom! I have a mac, and I love those programs! They upload a photo sooo stinkin fast! I'm still amazed!

    I can't wait to see what 2012 brings for you and your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm in Birmingham, UK. :) Happy New Year to you & thanks for following my blog! I love Photoshop too. I will check out Lightroom. :)

    Thanks, & good luck with your new 366 project! I look forward to seeing your shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥