Sunday, 8 January 2012

Photographing Birmingham

Yesterday I went into Birmingham to meet up with my brother. I took a silly amount of photos with both my Diana Mini and my DSLR. I think the current film in my DM is nearly finished, so hopefully I'll get those developed fairly soon. I played around a lot with double exposures yesterday, so I really hope some of them will come out. In the meantime, here are my favourite DSLR shots from yesterday. They were all edited with Analog.


Selfridges building




This next one is my favourite from yesterday. It's one of the cool buildings at the Custard Factory - an area of quirky, vintage shops and random pieces of art. It's a great place to take photos. :)




A slightly creepy sculpture at the Custard Factory


This graffiti house is near to the Custard Factory. I've photographed it in colour before, but thought putting it in b&w makes it look quite spooky.


Speaking of Birmingham photography, last month I submitted a photo to the new Birmingham {Viewpoint} project. Every month there is a new place in Birmingham that you are encouraged to photograph, and it's really interesting to see all the different shots. You can view all the shots of the German Christmas Market here. This month it's the BT Tower, I'm hoping I'll get a chance to photograph it later in the month. :)

I have started my 2012 creative photo project and I still haven't decided how long I will commit to it. I'll see how I feel after a few weeks of it as I am so prone to giving up on these things if I put too much pressure on myself. Anyway, if you'd like to look at it please go here, because I'm only going to post my favourite ones in this blog every so often (posting all my daily photos here too is too much of a faff!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥