Monday, 27 February 2012

Backstage at The Crescent Theatre

Yesterday, I went along to The Crescent Theatre in Birmingham to get some backstage shots of my lovely friend Alice who is currently playing her first part in her first play. She's playing Betty Parris in Arthur Miller's The Crucible. It's on until the 3rd March, so if you get a chance, go see it!


All my shots can be viewed here, but these are my favourites. I decided to put them in black and white because I realised afterwards I'd had used the wrong white balance (and a lot of them came out green!), but I actually think they all work best in black and white anyway. I was aiming to get them looking a similar style to a couple of these amazing photos I saw recently on the BBC website by photographer Simon Annand who takes backstage shots of celebrities.


I'm not used to taking pictures in such uncontrolled environments, so it was challenging but it was great practice for me. Massive thanks to Alice (and the theatre, of course) for letting me take these. :) 


They were all processed using a mixture of Analog for Mac and Photoshop.












I'm hoping to re-design my blog finally later this week and update with various bits of news and plans as some nice things have happened lately and things are looking up. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am the owner of a Photography blog photographymc.blogspot.com

    I'd like to exchange links with you. I added your blog to my Favorites!

    Pay me a visit and let me know with a comment on the blog what you think about it.

    P.s.

    There's something you may be interested in, on my blog started a free online photography course, that includes over 200 lessons at this link: Free online Digital Photography Course

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥