Sunday, 9 September 2012

Shopping Spree

This week, I had my first ever splurge in Primark. I'd never really looked at the clothes in there much before (shocking, I know!). The only things I'd ever bought from there were pyjamas and tights. Generally, I don't have the patience for the crowds and the queues. But, as I had a day off midweek whilst Lee was at work, I decided to make the effort to get there early. I got there for 10am when it was fairly quiet so I could have a proper browse and try lots of things on. I thought I'd share photos of what I got as I found some fun things :D

This lovebird skater dress for £13 was my favourite purchase of the morning. :D





I think skater dresses might be my new favourite type of dress because this is perhaps the most flattering thing I've ever worn. It has a very full twirly, floaty skirt to it and it is lined too so it isn't too see-through.

The lovebird print is adorable. :D



I also got this duck dress for £10 which I'd seen a snippet of on Deer Little Fawn's blog. :)



I love the big bow on it. :)



It isn't as good a fit on me as the lovebird one, but I am very fond of ducks so I couldn't resist it! Now I have something appropriate to wear next time I visit the ducks in the arboretum, hehe. 

I was delighted to find this navy sheep jumper too, for £14. 





I think it is very similar to one they did there some time ago which had rabbits on, which I wanted to get but they had stopped selling them by the time I went to look for it. I love the cute pattern on it and it's very comfy. :) 

I also went to H&M to try on more jumpers! I tried on the lovebird jumper I mentioned in this post. But, I decided against getting it because I discovered it is made from that kind of wool that sheds epic quantities of fluff. I ended up with white fluff all down my black leggings after trying it on for 2 minutes(!). The fluff would annoy me too much. :( And the sleeves were really long, even though you could roll them up and it didn't look too silly, they were still so long I reckon I'd dip them in my dinner too easily. :P

I did, however, get this glittery teal one I also mentioned in the jumper post.



I had to get a smaller size than usual because these jumpers are made very baggy with very wide necks and I have really narrow shoulders. You can't tell in the photos but it is REALLY glittery. 
I love it. It reminds me of Christmas trees. :D

I'm now all shopped out for the foreseeable future. :P Hope you enjoyed seeing my new goodies. I'm off back to Birmingham tomorrow for a few days so I'm going to take a little blogging break. :) Take care, all!x

11 comments:

  1. I dont think they had the lovebird dress in ours, I love skater dresses too, they're a good fit for me and there's the twirly bonus! I found the duck dress a slightly strange shape on me too, but it has ducks and a bow so I was won over, I think if I wear a belt with it it'll fit better. I dont think the primark here had its jumpers in yet when I went either, love that sheep one! ..damn you now i might have to go back in there ;)
    Hope youre havin a niceweekend! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly my thinking with the duck dress, hehe. It is not the most flattering shape, but for £10 you can't expect too much!
      Haha, hope you can find the sheep one too. It is really cute! :D
      xx :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb, I have the duck dress myself and have worn it loads- found it really cool for hot weather. I've also got the love bird dress but haven't worn it yet! I love Primark! We obviously have the same great eye for a style bargain! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a coincedence. We clearly have similar taste! I'm glad to hear the duck dress is comfy as I wasn't sure about the fabric and the shape, but couldn't resist it for the cute ducks :D That lovebird dress is so pretty, I want to have a special occasion to wear it!
      I am now a Primark convert after this shopping trip! (not sure that's a good thing, as I found it so easy to spend £40 in there, eek!)
      Hope you're having a good Sunday :) xx

      Delete
    2. It is definitely easy to spend money in there - so many cute prints. The duck dress is my current fave. Have a good evening X

      Delete
  3. oh i do like that sheep jumper! ..and the lovebirds dress too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both very cute! I can't resist animal prints :)

      Delete
  4. AAAW That duck dress is absolutely gorgeous :D Primark comes up trumps sometimes doesn't it? My local one is incredibly hit n' miss but you've found some gems in yours! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well I hadn't looked much in there before but I certainly will from now on! :) Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the first dress! Primark have some ace animal print clothes - I must get down there. If I go in, I know I won't be able to leave without that sheep jumper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think it is amazing for the price! Looks so good on, not just on the hanger :) Haha, the sheep jumper is brilliant too. I wore it today and it's so warm :D

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥