Thursday, 10 January 2013

Things I Love Thursday

* Having some time off. I must admit, whilst I am sad that my job came to an end, it is nice to have a bit of a break because I didn't have much of a gap between my last 2 jobs, and obviously, working in a shop meant working over Christmas too.

*Budgerigaga! It's a gorgeous new Paperchase range, which, as a budgie lover (and owner, in the past), I absolutely love!



*Battlestar Galactica. Lee bought the box set of this recently. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it at first, but as with many TV series, as it's progressing I am getting more and more sucked in.

*This week's episode of Miranda. I don't find that the show is consistently funny every week, but when it's good, it's hilarious. :D This dinner party episode was great, almost as funny as my favourite episode ever from series two when Miranda tries to act like she's in her twenties. :D 

*The bunting I hung in our living room window to replace the Christmas paper chains. It makes the place look cheerier, now that the festive things have all been put away.





*Laura by Bat for Lashes. I'm listening to lots of different music at the moment, trying to catch up on albums from 2012, and get back into old favourites too. I have felt so disconnected from music over much of the last year. I know it's an obvious choice from the album, but this song is just so beautiful and haunting, it gives me goosebumps and I keep listening to it again and again.

*Playing photo tennis with Libby! :D We have now started and if you want to follow along, I made us a tumblr page for it. The idea is that we respond to each other's photo ideas in some way. We're aiming to both post one a week but life can often get in the way of things, so we will keep it flexible. :)

4 comments:

  1. First, that bunting is to die for! Also, I LOVE Battlestar Galactica! I watched the whole series in a month last year when Thomas was deployed, but so far I can't get him to love it as much as I do! Also your photo tennis idea sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I think Lee probably likes it more than me, but I am enjoying it too :D and I'm very excited about the photo tennis, yay! :D

      Delete
  2. I love bunting! I would happily have it up in every room of my house. I haven't heard this Bat for Lashes song so will check it out :) Also I've nominated you for a Liebster award - http://rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/55-happy-thoughts.html
    Lianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, bunting is cute, for sure :) Thanks so much for the award, yay! I'll try to do the answers to your questions later in the week :) x

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥