Wednesday, 27 March 2013

52 Weeks of Film: Week 1



Watching the Water Fountains

Week 1: 4th-10th March 2013

Camera: Juice box
Film: Rollei Redbird 400 ISO

Finally, I can start uploading the first photos from my 52 Weeks of Film project, hooray! For the first time I got some successful shots with Rollei Redbird film, so I'm dead chuffed about that. My first attempts with redscale film were awful, so this is a vast improvement! I will definitely be using redscale again, but I think it works best in really bright sunlight, as not all of my roll had such intense colours as the shot above. I took it in Old Market Square in Nottingham city centre.

This photo, and my photo for week 2, which I'll also upload soon, have both made me realise how much I like photos with people in them. Street photography is starting to fascinate me. :D



If you're interested, I've made myself a Tumblr page for this project. I love the layout of Tumblr and figured it's a good way to view all the photos together if you just want to see the photos and don't want to sift through my blog entries, and in my opinion, Flickr is great for viewing individual photos but, not so good for viewing sets of photos together.

I've also created a Flickr group incase anyone else wants to start a similar project (I know at least one of you does :D). I thought there would already be a group, and I did find one, but it was a very old one that never really got going. So, it's there, if anyone would like to join in the 52 weeks of film fun sometime.

I'll upload some of my other shots from Week 1 tomorrow :)

6 comments:

  1. I really like your week 1 shot, and I quite fancy having a proper go at street photography too. I only take shots when I'm in very busy places though! I need a reason to get into using my film cameras too so I might join your Flickr group and project soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! & that would be great if you were to join in too :D I've sent you a group invite :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colours :D I've put a film in my Juice box, need some sun and then get capturing, hoping Sunday will be nice to get out. Soon time to send some films off :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yay, can't wait to see what you capture :D

      Delete
  3. I've mentioned your project inspiring me on my blog today!
    http://furwillfly.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/things-i-love-thursday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thankyou, Claire! :D I'm really happy it has inspired you!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥