Saturday, 30 March 2013

52 Weeks of Film: Week 2



A Rainy Day in Cardiff
Week 2: 11th-17th March 2013

Camera: Reader's Digest Panoramic
Film: Fujifilm Superia 400 ISO

Best viewed large in lightbox on Flickr

I had quite a few photos to choose from for this week, all taken with my panoramic camera whilst we were away in Wales, some with Fujifilm Superia 400 ISO film and some with Lomography 800 ISO film. I originally thought I would choose a pretty landscape shot taken on our walk up the mountain in Ystrad as my photo for the week because I'd used a whole roll of film up there. But, to my surprise, I ended up being far more drawn to this shot I took in Cardiff city centre. I suppose it is quite a miserable photo with all the "bankrupt" signs and the empty carousel, but I like all the details in it, like the woman sheltering from the rain under the shopfront, and the reflection of the lights from the carousel on the pavement below. My landscape shots of the mountain were pretty, but not so interesting. 

I'll be posting some of my other options for the week here soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥