Friday, 3 May 2013

Current Nails: Swirly Clouds & Sparkles

I thought it would be fun to share more of my nail art here, since I've been painting my nails a lot lately. I'm no expert, but I'm slowly learning, so I hope it will be interesting to see more of my experiments. :)


Hopefully, my nail photography will improve too. I don't have an ideal lens for it. Some of these were taken with my 35mm and then cropped, and some with my 18-55mm kit lens.






This is a mixture of stamped nails and "glequins" (see this blog post by Sammy of The Nailasaurus if you'd like to know what glequins are!). 

I have been practicing a lot with my stamping kit recently. I think I am getting a bit better with it, but I still make mistakes with it quite a lot. :-/ The swirly cloud pattern is from the Bundle Monster plate number 312, which is part of this 2012 pack.

The glequins I used for the first time yesterday and they were easy to apply using the method recommended on the Nailasaurus blog. I'll definitely be using them a lot. I bought the mixed colour pack from Born Pretty Store (which is a great store by the way, really cheap, with free shipping worldwide and great customer service too!).

Here are the polishes and glequins I used...



The Barry M lilac one is my favourite base colour polish.




If you'd like to see other nail art designs I've attempted, I have a small set for it on my Flickr. My favourite design so far is definitely my rubber duck nails. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥