Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Wishlist Wednesday: Dr Martens

Anyone who knows me knows that I pretty much live in Dr Martens. I love them because they're comfy, practical, come in so many colours and styles, and they look great with almost any outfit (and also I'm fussy and I dislike the majority of shoes/boots aimed at women). I've built up a little collection of Docs over the last 9 or so years.

Sadly, some of the ones on my wishlist are very rare styles that aren't available in shops anymore, although some of them come up on eBay, from time to time.



This photo is actually of the kids' version of the ones I want, but they're so rare I can't find a photo of the adult version. But, the adult version is the same, only with 8 eyelets, not 6. I saw these when I went to Camden several years ago, but I was buying another pair at the time that I really wanted (this pair) and couldn't afford two at once. This style is hard to get hold of nowadays.

I've never seen this pair IRL but found a picture of them online a while back. They are so pretty. I love the colours. :D They'd be lovely to wear in the spring/summer. Again, they seem to be a rare style.


I'd love some navy Docs and I'd love some Triumphs. I love the purple stitching and ribbon on these and they have pretty floral fabric inside too.


They look so comfy and completelyandutterlyamazing. :D These ones are in the official Dr Marten shop.

You can never have too many pairs of purple Docs. I love these 14 eyelet ones. These are next on my wishlist because I know I'd get loads of wear out of them. I have 2 pairs of the 14 eyelet Docs (these and these) and I wear both all throughout the winter because they're so warm, comfy, and great for wearing in ice and snow. 




These are custom painted by
Josefina Fiello Martinez on Etsy. I really like all the galaxy print things that are around these days, especially the dresses you can get. Painting Docs like this is such a great idea!



These Sanrio character Docs are by far the silliest pair I want. I'm not sure I'd even wear them much, but I've always regretted not buying them when they first came out in 2009/10. They were around £120 when they came out, but they're now so rare that they are usually a good £250(!) on eBay. Yeah, maybe not. But, they are fun! 

Finally, I don't actually want this pair of penguin docs because they are insane, but I wanted to share a photo! I think I would like them more with just the snowy scene, and without the penguin. Somehow the penguin doesn't fit with the snowy trees, or is it just me? It looks a bit odd, but they are a cute idea. :) You can get these on this website.


Hope you enjoyed that selection! I could have added several more pairs to this list, if I'm honest. I have a problem! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing up the triumphs too :) I like how you can completely change the look by folding them down/up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are a bit different! Shame they're so expensive :(

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥