Thursday, 20 June 2013

Things I Love Thursday: the Cambridge edition


I spent a few days on a little holiday in Cambridge this week with my mum. I'd never been there before, so it was quite exciting. Here's a special TILT list dedicated to my few days there...

♥ going to the Botanic Garden where we spent the majority of our first full day. There were SO many flowers, I loved this place! I took a silly number of photos which are going to take me a long time to sift through and edit (not that I'm complaining, of course, as I love doing that, yay!)  

♥ visiting the Sedgwick Museum (although, I saw a fossil of the largest spider in the world and, to be honest, I hope never to see it again! eek)

♥ browsing all the independent shops. There was a nice one called Lilac Rose which had lots of stuff from Dotcomgiftshop and some interesting jewellery. It was all a bit expensive, but fun to look at. 

♥ buying some bicycle earrings as a souvenir :)

♥ having tea and toasted teacakes in Auntie's Tea Shop. Nom! 

♥ eating out one evening at Prezzo and having my favourite dish there (penne con salmone). :D It's such a simple dish but they make it so tasty. 

♥ walking by the river. We spent some time watching a heron there and eating ice cream in the sun :D

We were lucky with the weather as it was warm, but not too hot, and it didn't rain at all, despite threatening to a lot. I really liked Cambridge, and I'd definitely like to go back there sometime. Now, to edit all those photos... :)

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to Cambridge but it does look lovely, can't wait to see some more photos :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted some more here on my blog :D

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥