Monday, 2 September 2013

Films I Watched in August

I, unexpectedly, ended up watching very few films in August. I spent a lot more time than usual job-hunting and also on setting up my Etsy. I didn't go to the cinema at all in August either. I'm annoyed I missed Frances Ha as it's not out on DVD for ages, and I want to see Alpha Papa but haven't got around to it yet. 

The Kid (1921) was my favourite new watch of the month. I enjoyed it so much I watched it twice two days in a row! It's a Charlie Chaplin movie, the first full-length one he directed and starred in. The story is about a tramp adopting an orphan boy and it is very sweet, and, as you would expect, it has lots of silly moments. I can't imagine how anyone could dislike it. An added bonus of old, silent movies is they're quite short, which is great if, like me, you don't always have the attention span to watch a 2 hour-long movie. :P 

I also really liked the film adaptation of the coming-of-age book The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012). I'd read the book quite a few years ago so it wasn't too fresh in my mind. The film was very funny and moving and I thought all the cast were good. It had some good tunes in it too, including my favourite Cocteau Twins song, Pearly-Dewdrops' Drop. :D I love it when I hear my favourite songs in movies (well, as long as they're in good movies!). I think I probably would have enjoyed the film even more when I was a teenager, but it was still very enjoyable, with some wonderful scenes.



Now that my Etsy shop is open, I'll hopefully spend more of my evenings watching some good films, with the exception of Tuesday evenings, which are, obviously, reserved for The Great British Bake Off. :)

4 comments:

  1. I just did an August movie review this morning. :) I loved Perks of Being a Wallflower. It is one of my all time favorite films. Though it was a bit melancholy, I loved the honesty of Take This Waltz and also liked how they did The Hunger Games, as I'm a big fan of the books. I do have I Wish on my to-watch list. What did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, awesome, I'll have a look :) Yeah, Take This Waltz was very good, but hard to watch at times. I Wish was sweet, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It was a bit too long and parts of it dragged. I'd say it's still worth a watch though. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a movie junkie too!! :) Would appreciate if you could check out mine and let me know what you think of it. We can follow each other on GFC too if you like :)


    www.hixvoltage.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥