Sunday, 8 September 2013

First roll of LomoChrome Purple

My first roll of the new LomoChrome Purple XR 100-400 ISO film was a mixed bag. Unfortunately, quite a lot of my photos came out too dark, which was a shame. I'm so glad it was a 36 exposure roll though, as despite having a lot of duds, I still got about 10 shots that I really love. I shot the roll with my Superheadz Ultra Wide and Slim camera. It definitely worked well in the camera, but mostly looked best in bright sunshine.

They were all taken in weeks 24 and 25 of my 52 Week project, but I thought I'd share them now as I love the purple film so much. Most of them were taken in New Hall Valley Country Park, which is very near to where I live.

This is my favourite from the roll :)



I love how this golden field came out looking pink :)













You can just about see my mum in this one watering the purple garden :)





Now, I'm wondering which camera to try my next roll in. I'm leaning towards the Hello Kitty Golden Half...or maybe the Juice Box. I really wish I had a working film SLR to try some in. My Minolta X-300 is too unreliable and I don't want to waste the film. I've been doing some eBay browsing for a replacement SLR, but haven't found the perfect one yet.

6 comments:

  1. lovely shots! I still haven't tried this film, or the redscale one either- I fell in love with the CN 400 and haven't ventured too far from it (having 36 shots is awesome, isn't it?). I found both of my SLR's at a value village, and have seen more at garage sales - maybe try looking at Car boot sales in your area? You might get lucky!
    www.thisanalogadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :) I definitely recommend trying this film if you can get hold of some. Redscale is fun too, I've only tried the Rollei Redbird 400 redscale so far, and it's great. I'm not sure there are many car boot sales round here very often, so I'll probably have better luck on eBay, but it's just a matter of trying to get one that not many people bid on so I don't have to pay too much for it! :)

      Delete
  2. I really love the effect you've created with this film. It reminds me of the movie The Virgin Suicides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Erin! :D glad you like them :)

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful shots. Did you figure out exposure settings/subjet matter that would maximize the purple look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! :) I'm afraid not because I used a basic camera with fixed exposure so I can't experiment with it.

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥