Tuesday, 7 January 2014

2014 Photo A Day: Days 1-7


This year, I thought I'd share all my daily photos here on my blog as well as on my Flickr. I'll add a link to the 2014 Flickr set at the side of my blog when I get around to making a little button for it!


Happy 2014!

1. I made shortbread biscuits, om nom nom!

Untitled

2. Ducky, my teeny little fish. This is definitely my favourite shot of the week! I had to wait for her to swim directly under the tank light, but also catch her when she wasn't moving too fast.

Untitled

3. Simon, my gorgeous hamster! Yep, I finally got a photo of him. He's such a sweetie. :D I know it isn't a brilliant photo, I had to crank up the ISO because he was in the bathroom here (he runs around in the bath every evening!), which is very poorly lit, especially at the bottom of the bathtub. :-/ But, he still looks so cute, bless him!

Untitled

4. The garden shed. I had a wander in the garden that day. I took several photos of various plants, but I liked this shot the best.

Untitled

5. A selection of Christmas decorations. It was time to take them down. :( I know it's normally done on the 6th, but we have 3 trees in our house, so I thought I'd make a start on the tree in my bedroom. I don't normally go in for photos of things on white backgrounds, but I really like how this came out. I might have to try that technique more often. (Btw, it's amazing how much better this image looks viewed here on a white background than it does on a black one on Flickr!)

Untitled

6. This wasn't a good day as my grandpa passed away. :( He'd been ill a long time, but it's still very sad. I stayed at home all day and started clearing out my bedroom. Sorting through some of my clothes was a good place to start. I've already filled one bin bag for the charity shop, and I still have lots to sort through!

Untitled

7. A simple shot of my lovely new diary/organiser bought in the Paperchase sale. :)

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your grandfather! I hope you get to say goodbye to him and that with time you will feel better and less sad!
    On the lighter note, you have very cute pets! Simon is adorable and I hope that he will be willing to pose more for your camera in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Asja. :)

      Hehe, thanks! They are both very cute, for sure. I really hope I'll get lots more shots of Simon. He's such a hyperactive hamster, though!

      Delete
    2. Shortbread is ADDICTING! They look cute :)

      Delete
    3. Tell me about it, that batch did not last long! :P & thank you!

      Delete
  2. I really like the shot of your fish, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon is too cute! And I love the photo of your shed door/wall. Photos like that always captivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I especially love the garden shed one & your cookies - so pretty! Your hamster is absolutely adorable.

    really sorry to hear about your grandfather though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hehe, he is definitely a cute hamster :D

      & thank you!

      Delete
  5. A lovely set of shots and so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. These projects capture some the bad times and the good and it's nice to have photography that just acts as a constant throughout. I really like the shot on the white background - I always find it hard to get a spot I my house where the light is natural but soft enough not to produce long shadows :) Looking forward to the next set of shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen :) ah that's a shame, it has taken me a while to find a good spot for those type of photos in this house, but now that I have, I think I might take more photos like that!

      That's certainly true that it is good to have photography as a constant. It's nice when you've had a rough day where you feel like you've accomplished very little, at least, you can say, "well, I took a photo". :)

      Delete
  6. You take photos pretty quick, considering it's just the start of 2014, and they're all beautiful! Can't wait to see more of your photos in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥