Sunday, 13 April 2014

Smallbrook Queensway Walk

This morning, I went to one of the group photo walks in the centre of Birmingham run by Pete Ashton of Matt and Pete's Photo School. As someone who, normally, takes colourful, girly photos (flowers, cakes, my hamster etc..), I had no clue what I'd end up photographing near the Smallbrook Queensway, of all places! I ended up shooting both lots of digital shots, and I used a whole roll of LomoChrome Purple film in my Panoramic camera. 

It was really fun to stop and look for interesting colours, patterns and details in a place I would never ordinarily take photos, if I were on my own. I also felt much safer being in a group, because I'm always a bit fearful of using my expensive dSLR and lens in Birmingham city centre if I'm on my own.

Hopefully, I'll get the purple film developed in the next few days, but for now, here are my digital shots, all taken with my Nikon D3200 and 50mm f/1.4 lens.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


I found the walk to be very enjoyable and relaxing. I've been feeling a little stressed out lately, so it was quite a therapeutic experience, and a different way to spend Sunday morning. It was nice to walk with other photographers too, as I've definitely experienced in the past, non-photographers can get so impatient waiting for photographers to do their thing. That's definitely not a problem on these walks! I also finally got to meet the lovely Helen of Helen Ogbourn Photography. :)

I will certainly be going to another of these walks sometime. I recommend them :)

6 comments:

  1. I love these photos! I don't do it much either, but I've always enjoyed walking around a city and taking pictures. It sounds like you had a great morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just having another peek at your photos - that lens is a little beauty! They're really lovely shots :) I particularly like the mailbox lights, the flowers and the flowers against the brick wall. I got a paper aeroplane shot too but it was a different plane! Someone must have been throwing them from the flats I reckon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen! :) yes, that lens is awesome :)

      Delete
  3. awesome! those beautiful, fancy blue tiles are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥