Saturday, 5 July 2014

#1day12pics (Photo an hour!)

Untitled


I decided to join in again with #1day12pics today because I hadn't since April, and I really enjoyed it then. The idea is you take a photo an hour for 12 hours, to give people a glimpse into your everyday world. If you want to join in, you can do so any day this month, and share your photos on the link up on My Creative.

I did mine from 9am till 8pm and used my Nikon D3200 for all the shots. I didn't have anything special planned (aside from finishing season 6 of Parks and Rec, eep!) so it has been a fairly typical lazy Saturday at home in the life of me.




9am. Reading in bed


10am. Getting ready for the day. Wearing my starry ear cuff. I used to have a cartilage piercing here, but I took it out a few years ago and let it heal. I actually prefer how this ear cuff looks to how the piercing looked, anyway


11am. Caught Simon doing some serious hoarding of food before going back inside his little house to sleep for the day


12pm. Time for a coffee, a warmed caramel waffle and the last episode of season 6 of Parks and Rec! :D It was so, so good!


1pm. Put out some more food for the birds before getting some lunch for myself


2pm. Had a quick wander in the garden before doing various chores


3pm. Putting on my battered blue DMs before heading out for a short walk around the block


4pm. Time for a snack. I found a jar of Marshmallow Fluff on special offer in Aldi yesterday. I'd always wanted to try it, but it's usually very expensive in the UK. I tried a spoonful with some banana, and it was extremely sweet, but yummy


5pm. My parents returned from a holiday in Wales today and they brought me back a pack of my favourite biscuits. You can get them in some supermarkets, but the best ones aren't always easy to find


6pm. Trying out some Barry M mint green varnish I've had for years, but rarely wear because for some reason this colour takes longer to dry than other Barry M ones I have, even with Seche Vite on top :-/ It's a shame because it's a pretty colour


7pm. Washing some broccoli to eat with a creamy tomato pasta bake for dinner


8pm. The view from my attic bedroom

Well, I hope you've enjoyed that glimpse into my day :)

8 comments:

  1. I love these photos! I especially love that broccoli one. :) I participated today too, it was my first time. I took all of the pictures with my phone for Instagram, but I think next month I will definitely use my camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool. I don't have a smartphone so I don't have that option, although I love having an excuse to play with my DSLR all day! ;)

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely post!

    It makes me want to do a photo an hour post myself. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely give one a go :)

      Delete
  3. Great pictures, Deborah! I really love that nail varnish colour : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great Saturday to me! And what a cute hamster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't bad! :) yeah, he's too cute for words :)

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥