Wednesday, 27 August 2014

10 Favourite Soundtracks

piano

I love listening to the soundtracks of my favourite TV shows and films, and always have. It started when I was very young and I bought the cassette of the Beatrix Potter TV series. I was obsessed with the theme song, Perfect Day, for ages.

This list isn't in any particular order. That said, the Amelie one is my number one favourite if I had to pick one. I'm pretty sure it is humanly impossible to dislike it.


1. Amelie from Montmartre by Yann Tiersen (favourite track: the obvious choice, Comptine d'un autre été l'après midi)

2. Twin Peaks by Angelo Badalamenti (favourite track: Twin Peaks Theme) 

3. The Secret Garden by Zbigniew Presner (favourite track: First Time Outside)

4. Edward Scissorhands by Danny Elfman (favourite track: Ice Dance. I love it all though, with the exception of that awful Tom Jones song at the end. I recommend turning it off before you get to it :P)

5. Lost In Translation by Various Artists (favourite track: All of them, but especially, Sometimes, Alone in Kyoto, Girls and Just Like Honey. This one isn't available on Spotify, although a lot of the songs from it are on there)

6. Marie Antoinette by Various Artists (favourite track: again, all of them, but I love Melody of a Fallen Tree, Natural's Not In It, and, of course, Plainsong)

7. Black Swan by Clint Mansell (This one was on Spotify but has disappeared, sadly, but it's mostly very similar to the music from Swan Lake. I can't remember which ones are my favourites as it's been a while since I've been able to listen to it)

8. Little Women by Thomas Newman (favourite track: Spring, perhaps, although, it's hard to pick one since they're mostly really short pieces, about a minute long each, and need to be listened to altogether. The above photo was inspired by a certain scene in the film)

9. The Muppets by Various Artists (favourite track: they're all amazing, but if I had to pick one, it'd have to be Man or Muppet)

10. The Muppet Christmas Carol by Various Artists (favourite track: how can I pick one!?! I suppose It feels like Christmas, but they're all fantastic. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without it)

If anyone would like to recommend me any more great soundtracks, please do. :) 

2 comments:

  1. I tried to learn that tune from Amelie on the piano, it's difficult but I do love it. Also love the Twin Peaks theme, started watching it for the first time quite recently and it's so good, I need to watch season 2 next! Other soundtracks I enjoy ... when I was younger I loved the Romeo + Juliet one, i rewatched it recently and still enjoyed it all! I like the Broken Flowers soundtrack as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't play the piano, but it's almost tempting to learn just to play that!

      I'm jealous you haven't seen season 2 of Twin Peaks yet. I prefer the first season, but the second is still wonderful, especially the last few episodes. There are some weaker ones in the middle, so I recommend sticking with it :)

      Oh yeah, I liked the Romeo & Juliet one too. I didn't like the film Broken Flowers much, but I'll check out the soundtrack, thanks! :)

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥