Saturday, 13 December 2014

Happy Things


Hello, anyone who still reads this blog. :) I am going to try harder to post here more regularly. Unfortunately, the last few months have been very difficult and I haven't felt like doing much photography. Maybe, I'll write more about things here someday, but not right now.

To get back into the swing of things, I made myself take a random bunch of photos of some bits and bobs that are currently making me smile...


Untitled

I love my saxophone. I used to play the clarinet back when I was at school, but always suspected that the sax would be much more fun. I was right! :D

I have a Selmer Elkhart 100AS, which is a beginners' alto sax. I bought an e-book of easy Christmas carols and have been playing lots of them to practice the notes. I also got a huge book of classic Disney songs for my birthday. You're never too old to appreciate Disney songs! ;) They're, for the most part, considerably more challenging than the carols, but I'm enjoying working out how to play them. My ultimate goal is to be able to play the sax solo in M83's Midnight City. I think it'll take me quite a long time to get there, though! (it looks hard)


Untitled

Bargain purchases from the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend: a new scarf from Lisa Angel, which seemed appropriate given my current saxophone obsession, and a t-shirt of one of my favourite Christmas albums, A Snowflake Fell (and it felt like a kiss) from the Glasvegas shop.

tree

I can very much relate to Kevin McCallister's love of Christmas trees. :)

Untitled

I found this adorable happy sprout tape in Paperchase and I'm using it to decorate everything this Christmas. If you get a Christmas card/gift from me, it is highly likely it'll arrive decorated with sprouts.

Untitled

Cute chocolates from my parents, made by a British company called Choconchoc. I love the look of the white chocolate igloo on their website! 


Untitled

Finally, of course, the hamster has to be on my happy list. Simon sends his regards to everyone this December :) This is an old photo of the little chap because he is hiding in his house today and, clearly, is not in a mood for photos! :P

6 comments:

  1. beautiful (and happy) holiday pics! the happy sprout tape reminded me of some silly thing in saw on news few months ago, some guy decided to roll a brussel sprout by his nose to top of a mountain (crawling on his knees and all that). i don't know whatever happened to him, if he persisted he must have wasted a lot of sprouts. also, i watch too much stupid news :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Asja! Haha, that's insane! :D no, you can never watch too much stupid news ;)

      Delete
  2. Ah I love these...I saw that sprout sticky tape the other day and was very tempted to get it. I remember seeing that news item too - he made to the top of Snowdon but I seem to remember he had quite a sore nose! I'll look forward to seeing more pics whenever you feel like posting more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sprout wrapping paper too, but were out of stock of it in my local Paperchase.

      Btw, I've sent you a Flickrmail :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgous as always! Definitely festive for the holiday season! I can definitely relate to not really being inspired with photography (I actually just took my first pictures with my camera in like 6 months!) but I'm glad yo see you back at it! Your blog is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Heather! I really hope you get back into photography too :)

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥