Thursday, 1 January 2015

Aims for 2015!

Hello, 2015 :)


Happy New Year, everyone! I thought I'd share a photo of my new diary which I ordered from the shop at A Beautiful Mess (there are some pictures of the inside of it here!), along with a list of my goals for the year, so here we go...

Take more photos! In 2015, I'd like to shoot more rolls of film, and take digital photos more regularly again too. 

Buy no new non-essential items of clothing. I have far too many clothes, many of which I rarely wear. Obviously, I'll make exceptions for things I truly need, like new running clothing, for example.

Play my saxophone at least every other day. Little and often is the best way to learn anything. Since I got it, I've been good at playing most days, and I hope I'll be able to keep that up. I plan to start having private lessons later in the year too.

Clear out more of my stuff. I was quite good in 2014 at sorting out things for charity, and getting rid of things on eBay and Amazon. I still have too much stuff though. 

Start running again. I had been good at going regularly from June until November, but stopped at the beginning of December for various reasons. Running in winter is hard, but I want to start going again because I know it does me good and I do miss it.

Draw more. Fliss was saying to me the other day how she'd like to start drawing more, and I think I'd like to do the same. I miss sketching, and doodling cute things (like bees!)

Read 30 books. Thanks to a couple of intriguing blog posts written by Crystal, I discovered the joy of audiobooks in 2014. I never considered listening to them before, but I really love them now. I particularly like listening to autobiographies, as long as they're read by the person they're about. So, at least 12 out of my goal of 30 will be audiobooks because I have a one-book-a-month Audible subscription. I know not everyone counts audiobooks as "reading", but I do!

Go to lots of gigs. I went to one gig in 2014! I did make it a very special one (Slowdive!), but even so, I'd love to go to more in 2015. It made me realise how much I've missed live music! I've already got three booked (JAWS, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and Sleater-Kinney), so that's a great start.

& last but not least, Blog more frequently :)

4 comments:

  1. Isn't running in the Winter the worst/hardest things to do? I feel ya on that totally.

    Great goals and happy 2015!

    -Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's so hard to motivate myself when I know the cold makes my chest hurt, and I'm also terrified of slipping on ice! I am going to make myself go for a very short run soon, I think, and try to build it up again...

      Thank you! Happy 2015 to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Great goals! I can definitely relate to the photography one and the running one! I've been wanting to run lately but it's just too cold to get out there and do it! Happy 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I can't face running yet either - I keep meaning to, and then I wimp out, hehe. Happy 2015 to you too! :)

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥