Saturday, 3 January 2015

My Highlights of 2014

I had been debating whether or not to write this post at all because, frankly, 2014 was the hardest year of my life. I can't help but feel glad to have it behind me. But, I wrote one of these last year, and the year before, and I like continuing these little traditions. It makes no sense to let the whole year be tainted by its unhappier events.

So, I decided to rack my brain and write this post anyway :)

My favourite bits of 2014...


Untitled

♥ finding a photo I took of my bear, Hamley, and I on Lloyds Bank cash machines! That was certainly the most surreal thing to happen!

I first saw it the day after my grandpa's funeral, and due to my slightly depressed state at the time, initially, I thought I was hallucinating(!). When I realised I wasn't, I started laughing out loud at the cash machine and I, probably, looked like a complete nutcase to everyone around me. The photo is still on the cash machines and it makes me smile whenever I get cash out (and, of course, I don't deliberately get cash out of Lloyds now, no, of course not, hehe :P).


♥ taking lots of photos! I'm really happy with many of the photos I took, particularly early on in the year.



♥ buying a saxophone! I'd wanted one for a number of years and finally, I decided to go for it. I'm so pleased I did because it's the best thing I've ever bought, after my camera. When I got my first DSLR in 2011 I just knew I'd bought something really special, and I feel like that about my saxophone. :) 

♥ visiting Sutton Coldfield Donkey Sanctuary, several times :) I only realised this year that it's a half hour walk from our house! It's small, but the donkeys are all adorable.


Untitled

♥ visiting the Sea Life Centre twice, and doing a sponsored Walk for Whales


Untitled

♥ going along to several photo walks with Matt & Pete's Photo School :)

Untitled

♥ enjoying lots of pizza and dvd nights with m'colleague, Alice. Such fun!

♥ visiting London with Alice, and also, by myself to visit my lovely friend Fliss! 

Untitled

♥ making a special trip to see Slowdive(!!!) in London and, enjoying a night in a hotel :D

♥ getting back in touch with Shazia :)

♥ getting a wonderful surprise parcel of joy from Asja!

♥ spending lots of time with my tiniest and cutest friend, Simon. D'aww!

Untitled

♥ discovering some awesome new (to me) TV shows - namely Girls, and Parks and Recreation. I'm not sure which I love the most, they're both so great!

♥ completing the Couch to 5K running programme! Woo hoo!

♥ & making a big career decision. :D I don't feel like I want to write about it here yet, in case it doesn't go to plan (I don't want to jinx things), but, I'll write about everything as soon as I have some certainty, which might be in the summer, or it might be in summer 2016. I don't know yet. Things might change, again. You never know what's going to happen. But, I started working towards a goal, which is the main thing. :)

(Thought I'd add that writing this post has made me feel heaps better about 2014, yay! If you think you had a bad year, I highly recommend writing a list of all the little good things that happened - it helps!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥