Monday, 2 March 2015

My First Blurb Book

Untitled

I've been meaning to create a Blurb book of my photography for a very long time. I once received one of Asja's books, Unconditional Joy, as a birthday gift which was made by Blurb, and I was amazed by its professional quality. I knew that one day I'd want to create my own with Blurb too.


The book is simply called Blown A Wish Photography. It's quite a hefty book with 110 pages, featuring many of my favourite photos that I've taken since 2012 up to mid-February of this year. The majority of them are from 2013 and 2014.







Being a fairly big book meant it was pretty expensive, even with a voucher code I found for 25% off. I'm glad though that I paid extra for the hard-cover dust jacket version and lustre paper though because it looks so lovely and professional.


The photographs are arranged in themes, as you can see above :)



I made this book mainly for myself to keep and to show friends and family, but I have made it publicly available on Blurb for anyone else to buy if you feel like splashing out on a copy. You can get it as a hard-back book with a dust jacket like my copy, a hard-back “image wrapped” book, or as a soft-bound book, or of course, you can always flick through it as an e-book for free. :)

I'm sure this won't be the last Blurb book I make. I will try to make smaller (cheaper) ones in future, I think, but I'm really thrilled with this first book, so it was worth it! :)

12 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous! I love having books made, and Blurb are so wonderful. My brother and I made some as gifts for family members a few years ago, and everyone loved them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm so impressed with the quality of it, it's kind of mind-blowing! Blurb is fab! :D

      Delete
  2. Fab-u-lous! I've made many a Blurb book - I actually need to do another for a commission. I'm really tempted to make another one for myself....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I really should have made one sooner. It was one of those things I never got around to doing. So glad I finally have now! Think I'm hooked on Blurb... :)

      Delete
  3. I flipped through the whole thing, what an amazing collection of photos! Since following your blog I've been inspired to take pictures of little things around our house, and I love seeing the little details all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i flipped through the digital version-it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think my original comment took, so I just want to say again how incredible your book looks! I must get a copy soon as I'd love to have lots of your pretty photos all collected like this, especially in print :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks, Fliss! :D I will write to you soon by the way :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous book and a lovely keepsake :) I have a blurb book of my summer photos and my parents have a copy on their coffee table - it's one of my favourite things I've done with my photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen! Blurb is so great, I will definitely be making more books! :)

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥