Monday, 5 October 2015

Autumn's In The Air

oct9

I don't know how so long has passed since I last blogged, and I'm slightly ashamed to say that until today I hadn't picked up a camera for weeks either. The above photo is the first of a "30 days in autumn" project. I'm hoping a new daily project will motivate me to start taking regular snaps again. 

My summer has been a busy one and I guess I've been distracted by other things so photography hasn't been a priority. The someone I know who has been very ill is doing OK, but has recently gone into hospital for an operation and will be there for 3-4 weeks. After that, things should get better though.

I'm still working at my job at BBG, which is going well, and I'm really glad I'm staying there permanently. :) It will probably be a lot calmer there over the quieter winter season, and my hours are going down for the next few months, so I should have more time and energy for photos again.

I'm also finally going on holiday in November too, which I'm overexcited about. I've not been anywhere all summer because of work. Not only will it be my first holiday since 2013(!), but it will be my first ever solo holiday too. I have lived alone before, including in a foreign country, but I've never actually been on holiday by myself. I've decided to go to Brighton! I've only been there once before very briefly and I hardly saw anything. I can't wait to explore the place properly and I've got several fun things planned for when I'm there, including gigs, and meeting up with a friend. :D I'm sure I'll return with plenty of photos to share here.

Anyway, here are some more photos I took this morning whilst on a rainy walk in my local park; New Hall Valley Country Park.

oct1

oct2

oct4

oct5

oct6

oct8

oct10

oct11

oct13

oct15

oct16

oct17

oct19

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same - I haven't been blogging or on flickr for ages, and haven't taken anywhere near as many photos lately as I was. I think a new challenge is just what I need too! These autumn shots are beautiful.
    Congratulations on your permanent job!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire :) I hope you'll start a new challenge too. I miss following your projects :)

      Delete
  2. These autumn photos are beautiful! I'm so glad to see you back blogging! I actually started a new blog with my best friend (http://www.thebestfriendbookclub.com) and it's been exactly what I needed to jumpstart my creativity! I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather :) Your new blog looks lovely, by the way :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely shots :-) I just discovered your blog and will be following along from now on! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos from your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'll follow you back too :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Debbie,

    It's good to see you back here. I'm sorry to hear about your friend or family member who has been ill - I hope they're ok and come out of hospital soon.

    Which gigs are you going to in Brighton? It doesn't take very long for me to get there so if you wanted to meet up there then I could come down for lunch or something, but obviously it's your holiday so I understand if you don't want too many visitors! I went for a 24 mile walk on the coast near Brighton yesterday so I'm very into the coast.

    I've been meaning to write you a letter for ages so I'm finally going to do it this week.

    I also love your Autumn photos - it's such a great season.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo :)

      Thanks for your message. I hope you're really well and I'm looking forward to your letter. I'm going to see Chvrches and Mercury Rev in Brighton. :D I've seen Mercury Rev before and really can't wait to see them again. I think Chvrches will be fun too as it's in a fantastic-looking venue. I'm afraid I don't think I'll have time to meet you as well as it's quite a short holiday and I've already planned stuff for every day I'm there! But, over winter I am working less so I hope to do some trips to London and we could definitely meet up there. :)

      A 24 mile walk is impressive! :O

      Thank you, yeah, autumn is the best :) xx

      Delete
    2. Hey,

      I am good thanks. I like Chvrches' album so I hope they're good live. It's always good going to gigs in new places. It's ok - I understand that you're only on holiday for a short time but I hope you do get to come to London over the Winter - we could go to Winter Wonderland or explore the Christmas markets. Jeremy and I were also just discussing coming to Birmingham between Christmas and New Year so perhaps we could meet up then.

      xx

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥