Saturday, 21 November 2015

Brighton Rocks

brightoncard


Yesterday, I returned from my short holiday in Brighton. It was a brilliant few days. I'm so glad I decided to go there. The weather was not exactly great, but it didn't bother me too much as I found plenty of things to do. It did mean, however, that I didn't take a huge amount of photos with my DSLR though, because I often needed both hands to hold up my umbrella in the crazily strong wind! In fact, it was so strong on Tuesday morning that I got a bit of a soaking when a big wave splashed against the pier, hehe.


stufffrombrighton
Some of the lovely/random things I bought in Brighton, plus various tickets. I also bought the zig-zag rug that everything is on. 

Here are a few of the fun things I enjoyed doing...


♥ Going to see Chvrches at the Brighton Dome. Wow, what a stunning venue that is! ♥ Eating dinner at Casalingo ♥ Wandering along the pier, taking photos and eating hot doughnuts (not at the same time) ♥ Going to see Mercury Rev at the Komedia, which was a very intense experience because they played in a tiny basement. It was so loud, I'm amazed I still have ears(!) It was so awesome, though. I love their new album so much ♥ Drinking lots of cups of coffee/tea/chai lattes in various cafes. Brighton is so great for independent cafes :D ♥ Going shopping and going shopping again, and going shopping again (you get the picture). I was very happy to find a Sass and Belle shop as I love their stuff ♥ Meeting up with Fliss for a day of wandering, and eating, and shopping, and taking silly photos in the retro photobooth in Snoopers Paradise, hehe ♥ Eating a three-course meal at Terre à terre (the Rosti Revisited is to die for!) ♥ Going round the Pavillion ♥

Here is one digital shot I took outside the Pavillion after looking around. The sun made a very brief appearance that morning!


pavillion


The rest of my digital photos are all from the pier and the beach...

Untitled

Untitled

3gulls

manonbeach


pierbehindwall


maninhat

marriedpier

manbywater

lightsandgulls


tarot


girlonbeach

clockandwheel

brightonpierbokeh

I also shot about one and a half rolls of LomoChrome Purple film in my Reader's Digest Panoramic camera. Hopefully, I'll get those rolls developed soon and will share some of those here too. I don't have the highest hopes for them because the weather was so dull, but you never really know with film so *fingers crossed* some will come out OK.

3 comments:

  1. ahh , Brighton... love that city. thx for sharing, feel free to check out my blog at yurirasin.blogspot.fr :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥