Friday, 26 February 2016

My Dad ♥


This is one of the first photos I ever took. This is a photo of my dad and I took it c.1991 (I think) with my first ever camera, a 35mm film camera from Boots called a "Flash Dude". I must have been about 7 at the time. That snowman we made was called Mr Carrot-Nose.

I still cannot believe that I am having to write this, but my dad passed away yesterday evening at the age of 63. He had been in remission from cancer (non-hodgkins lymphoma) but it decided to come back with a vengeance. We only found out that it was back and his illness was terminal on the 9th of February, so things have happened very fast.

The last few weeks have been horrendous, but I feel relieved that he is at peace now. I feel sad beyond words. We didn't always get on, but I will miss him enormously. I know that he died feeling really proud of me for getting my new job (I had the start date postponed, thankfully), and I know he was proud of my photography too. 

I will certainly give my "February in review" post a miss, but I might share some new film photographs here soon. I have some new ones to share, and I am trying to shoot more film these days as I find it so calming and therapeutic.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Deborah :( I hope you can find some distraction in photography...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you're going through, I lost my dad over six years ago; and not a day goes by where I don't think of him x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥