Thursday, 19 May 2016

Farewell, Simon


My hamster, Simon passed away yesterday evening. He was 2 years and just over 9 months old. I found him peacefully curled up in his house. Even though he was pretty old, it's still a shock because only on Tuesday he had been running around as usual and seemed more-or-less fine. You might think, he was "just" a hamster, but he meant a lot to me as I've never been lucky enough to have larger pets, like cats or dogs. Plus, I had him during some extremely difficult times. He was one truly awesome hamster. ♥


8 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry to hear this Deb. Pets are never just pets, they become part of our families. Also, the video of him is truly adorable, it's lovely to see him having a wee bath ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't agree more. Some people don't get it though - when my last budgie died and I was upset someone told me it was "just a bird"! :( i'm glad you enjoyed the video!x

      Delete
  2. Simon was ace. Even though i never met him, i admit i had a cry at the news as i know hkw great he was for you.

    Rest in peace, little buddie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh :( I had cats when I was a kid, but after moving out to Portugal with my mum she didn't want any more 'big' pets... So I had fishes, birds and the last one was a hamster. I guess when we are responsible for taking care of an animal, it doesn't matter if it's a horse, a dog or a bird - you get attached the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about Simon, I know how much he meant to you and he seemed like a total sweetie :(
    Jo
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo :) He was a sweetie, indeed x

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥