Monday, 9 May 2016

Future Darkroom Photos

I thought I'd share a few photos of the room that will eventually be my darkroom... 



As you can see, I've got my work cut out for me! I'm not sure I will manage to clear out all of the stuff in here, but the majority of it will have to go.

I have made a start tidying and cleaning this area by the door. Just moving that fold-up bed to the garage has made a huge difference and makes the room feel more spacious. I am planning to put the enlarger here quite near the door, so this will be my "dry area".



And, obviously, the far end by the basin will be the "wet area". 


I've bought a fair amount of the equipment I need. I gave a lot of it a good wash over the weekend because it was all second-hand and looked like it had been stored unused for a very long time. It's all packed away in boxes now, but I'll share photos of everything once I've got all my supplies ready :)

6 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a dark room since I studied photography in college - I'm so jealous!! It looks like the perfect space for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get to have one too someday. This one will only be mine for a few years, as I'm sure after that we'll need to move out of this huge house. I'll make the most of it though! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You really have a lot of cleaning to do :) But it's really cool that you're documenting the whole process, it will be fun to look back at it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! :) Thanks :D yeah, I think it will be cool and satisfying to see the before/after shots

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Am a teensy bit jealous that you're going to have your our darkroom! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It is definitely very exciting!

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥