Saturday, 25 June 2016

Edinburgh on Black & White film

I'd love to say I developed these photos myself, but I still haven't bought all the equipment I need, or finished clearing out the darkroom yet. Hopefully, I will have a progress post on all that soon....

I went to Edinburgh the other week for 4 nights with my mum. We stayed very near Haymarket station, which was a really convenient place to be. It was a pretty good break. The highlights for me were visiting the Modern Art Galleries, where we enjoyed the Surreal Encounters exhibition and seeing lots of Bridget Riley paintings, and also, the Camera Obscura & World of Illusions. The camera obscura itself didn't work that brilliantly because of the dull weather, but I loved all the fun "illusions". We also visited Holyrood House, the Museum of Scotland and St Giles' Cathedral.

Unfortunately, the weather was cold, and grey, and drizzly the entire time we were there. Consequently, I didn't use my DSLR much at all as I find it too hard to take pictures with it whilst holding up a brolley in the wind (I could do with an extra arm or 2 in these situations...) But, I did take some quick snapshots on film when it wasn't raining too much. These were all taken with my Reader's Digest Panoramic camera and Ilford black & white film....















How wonderful is this neon sign above the art gallery? :D 

I should have some digital photos from inside the Camera Obscura's World of Illusions to share here soon - I am just waiting until I buy myself a new laptop after next pay day before I edit them, as my current one is being extremely slow, which is why I haven't been posting here much lately, or checking Flickr or blogs much either. Excuse me while I post these and dash now as my slow laptop is driving me a bit crazy, but I will be back again soon...

2 comments:

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥