Sunday, 30 October 2016

The Darkroom Project: First Prints!

I spent 4 hours today in my darkroom and I tell you it went by so fast! I actually hardly made any prints at all because it took a very long time to work through the various problems I experienced. 

I had issues with the developer temperature (my fault for heating it up, perhaps unnecessarily), issues with my second-hand proof printer being useless, as well as some smaller problems like accidentally getting fluff on a negative, oops. But, I've learned so much today, and the whole experience was really enjoyable. :D

Most of what I printed today is not worth sharing but I really like these simple high contrast flower photos. They are both 8x10 prints. I shot all the images with my Minolta X-300 and used Ilford HP5 film.

 

I'm definitely accustomed to shooting in colour because so many of the photos I took really just didn't work in black and white at all. There was too much going on in them and in colour they might look interesting, but in black and white they looked messy. 

It's going to take some getting used to, but hopefully, it will get easier in time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, so glad you're working in your darkroom! The flower photos are lovely :) I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm so glad I decided to try it. It's so magical to watch them develop!

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥