Sunday, 1 January 2017

My Photography Goals for 2017


1/52 Blue tit on a rainy day

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope that everyone will have a happy and healthy new year. I can't say I am sorry to see the back of 2016 and hope that this year will be a much brighter one. I thought I'd start it by doing a little bit of bird photography. :)

I have a few personal goals for the year but will share my photography-related ones here. I've been mulling it over for weeks and have settled on attempting two “52 Week” projects... 
  • Complete a 52 Week Digital Photography project. For ages I felt like a 52 week project wouldn't be quite enough regular digital photography for me, but since I'm planning to do lots of film photography too, this year I feel like it will be perfect for me. Most likely I'll end up shooting one image each weekend, and most likely there will be a lot of bird photos!
  • Complete a 52 Week Film Photography project. I tried this once before and didn't get very far. However, I think now I've got the darkroom it should be easier and it will encourage me to use the darkroom regularly. I also want to shoot lots of colour film this year too. I recently stocked up on my favourite 35mm film – Rollei Redbird as well and, of course, I've got my Instant camera too so I'll use that a lot for the project as well when I'm short on time. 
  • Submit more photos to stock companies. Sometimes stock photography frustrates me but on the whole it's worth doing.
  • Go to a Birmingham Instameet. For a long time I felt like I wasn't into Instagram enough to go to one, but I'm starting to post more regularly on there now so I don't think I would feel so silly to go to a meet-up now.
  • Go to more photography/art exhibitions. This was a goal of mine last year and I didn't go to very many. I went to some in Edinburgh and that was about it!
Overall I hope to put a bit more time and energy into photography this year. I often didn't make a big effort with it last year. I would especially like to shoot a lot of film and use my darkroom as regularly as possible. I know I am extremely lucky to have it and want to make the most of it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥