Sunday, 9 April 2017

52 Weeks Round-up: March (& Travel Plans!)

Wow, March went by in a bit of a flash! It's hard to believe it's so close to Easter now. I am really looking forward to the long weekend. :) 

The best day I had during March was definitely the last Friday of the month which I took off as holiday. I had a really fantastic day which included shopping for new work clothes (finally finding perfect fitting work trousers), coffee & pastries with my mum, seeing Beauty and the Beast at the cinema, meeting my brother for bentos and green tea ice-cream at Mount Fuji and best of all going to see The Jesus and Mary Chain again. :D It was one of the best gigs I've been to in recent years as I really enjoyed the support act as well - a Manchester band called The Slow Readers Club. I cannot stop listening to their album Calvacade. If you like Interpol and perhaps Depeche Mode you will probably like them!

Another thing I've been doing recently is planning holidays and trips for the year. This year I am going to be spoilt with not one but two holidays abroad in the autumn. :D I am off to Jersey in the Channel Islands, and...New York! I am hugely excited about both trips but particularly the latter as it's always been on my wishlist to go and I have never been anywhere outside of Europe. We're going for 10 nights so there should be plenty of time to do everything we want. :D Plus, we are going in the fall so I am hoping for some truly beautiful fall colours everywhere! I can't even begin to imagine how many photos I will take...! 

I will be travelling to Jersey by myself so I am really excited about having a week to do whatever I feel like, which will hopefully include a fair bit of swimming if the weather's good. :D As well as holidays I've planned a couple of trips to London, the first of which is in about a month's time so I'm really looking forward to that too! Lots to look forward to this year :D

Once again I haven't put a huge amount of time into taking photos lately, but I have been doing a fair few Getty submissions so at least I am catching up on that...I was wondering about switching to another stock photo company for a while, but have since changed my mind for the time being so now it's a case of uploading all the potentially sell-able photos I've been doing nothing with the past few months!

Anyway, I have babbled enough so here are my project photos from March...

Digital


10/52 Polyanthus


11/52 Colourful Inks

Experimenting with water and Windsor Newton drawing inks :D


12/52 Pins

Some of my collection -  I have over 80(!) now. I keep meaning to do a post about some of my favourites and favourite pin designers. I will hopefully get around to it soon.

Film


9/52 Daffodils


10/52 Wispy

I really like how this one came out. It was shot on Kodak Portra 120 using my Diana F.


11/52 Contrast


12/52 Fluffy Blossom

On Instax film

********

Extras

I have just a couple more Instax shots to share from March...who can resist capturing spring blossoms on sunny days? Not me, that's for sure!



♥︎

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm so excited that you're going to New York - I'm sure it will be amazing and that must be a great trip to look forward to.

    Did you enjoy Beauty and the Beast? I thought it was really fun and it was a massive nostalgia trip as it was one of my favourite Disney films as a child.

    If you have any free time when you're down in London next then do get in touch!

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! I hope you're well! Thanks! Yeah, it is very exciting, and doesn't quite feel real. I expect it won't until I'm on the plane...

      I did! Very much :D I thought Emma Watson made a perfect Belle. It was one of my favourites too. I remember seeing it at the cinema and also seeing it "on ice" at the Birmingham NIA. :D

      Will do. I don't know if I will have any free time on the 2 trips I have planned so far, but hopefully I will be able to organise at least one more trip later in the year so I will let you know.

      xx

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥