Sunday, 2 April 2017

Old Family Photos

I have something a little different to share here today. After my grandpa passed away just over 3 years ago we inherited a lot of his old photos. I recently picked out some that I want to keep for myself and thought it would be nice to share a selection of them here. 


My granny and grandpa, and a very distinguished looking stranger in a fine hat! At least, I assume he is a stranger, but I don't actually know.


My grandpa and, I assume, my dad although it could be my uncle


My granny with, again, with my dad or uncle

I don't know who the man with the pipe is. It's so bizarre to think that there was a time men wore suits to the seaside!


Scarborough


My granny had written on the back of this photo that "the presence of the small boy is purely accidental!". I think he makes the photo :)




I'd love to know what camera was used for these shots. I'll definitely treasure them!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a remarkable and beautiful collection. It's a treasure, indeed. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aamena! I'm happy you enjoyed seeing them :)

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥