Saturday, 20 May 2017

A Trip to Greenwich on Film


A couple of weeks ago I went down to London after work on the Friday night and stayed until the Sunday. This is becoming a biannual trip for me and I always have a wonderful time. I stay at the Premier Inn Hub on Brick Lane as it's such good value (if you don't go at peak times, that is) and is in a really convenient location for so many great shops and cafes. 

As usual I met up with my lovely friend Fliss on the Saturday :D This time we decided to get the DLR to Greenwich. First of all we got a good lunch in a cafe that I forgot to get the name of, but it did incredible avocado on toast! We then had a wander around Greenwich Market where Fliss found some Vegan goodies and a lovely bird necklace, and I bought some gorgeous paua shell earrings for my ever-growing silver earring collection, as well as some salted caramel chocolate bars from Blowing Dandelion, which my mum and I shared later in the week, and they were amazing! 

We also spent some time simply taking in the scenery, admiring the beauty of the Cutty Sark, and enjoying delicious treats we found in the market. I bought a cannoli siciliano from Casa Cannoli which I wholeheartedly recommend if you like your cannoli pastries as much as I do! 

I took a fair number of photos during the day with my Nikon F55 and Ilford HP5 film which I developed last weekend in my darkroom. Here are my favourites... 







As well as perusing the market, and wandering along the "beach" area we walked to Greenwich Park where there was a spectacular view from the top of the hill.


It was really nice to be amongst some greenery for a while and to have a good catch-up with Fliss. :) 


After hanging out in Greenwich we got a delicious dinner in Wagamama's in Spitalfields before I headed back to my hotel. On the Sunday I had planned to spend some time taking photos along Brick Lane but I got up a bit later than I'd planned and there wasn't enough time before my train. I'm sure I'll be going back there soon enough though. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice captures. A day well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! I was going to ask about the darkroom but then I thought you probably shared an update already and I missed it - and I was right... I just scrolled down all the way back to the post where you shared the updated photos of it :) It's really cool! Are you going to keep changing/adding things or is it just fine the way it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ines! :) I am happy with it as it is. I haven't actually used it as much as I hoped I would, which is a shame. I've developed quite a lot of negs in there now but not done much printing. I figure I will do a lot more this coming winter though after my big trip to New York! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Deborah,

    I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We are running a campaign with Paperless Post, an online paper stationery creator that allows you to custom make designs that best represent your individual aesthetic, and want you to be involved!

    Your blog has beautiful photography and your artistic ability is remarkable. You have thoughtful and engaging posts that make us want to come back for more. We were impressed with the imagery featured on your blog and would like to work with you for our Paperless Post campaign.

    We would like to offer you 400 digital Coins (a $40 value!) for free to try out Paperless Post’s innovative online service and write about your experience. Paperless Post’s Coins can be used for any digital invitations or digital cards on paperlesspost.com.

    Paperless Post boasts collaborations with many leading fashion brands and lifestyle designers, including Kate Spade New York, Oscar de la Renta, and Jonathan Adler among others. It’s a great way to display your photos and we think you would love using it. The company has sent over 85 million cards to date and we want to get your feedback and opinions on the service.

    Please let me know if you would be interested in working with Paperless Post. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Please write me at helen@anagraminteractive.com
    Best,
    Helen


    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, I really appreciate it ♥